Monday, May 17, 2010

SFYTT - Daffodils

Hiya, stampers! I loved Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try this week and this is my card based on it. I used the daffodils from Sending Sunshine. I've colored those daffodils several times, so I didn't take time to snap photos of that part. If you want to see how I colored them in the past, have a look here.

I cut an oval using my petite oval Nestabilities, then sponged a bit of Memento Angel Pink ink.

Then sponged Memento Lulu Lavender.

Sponged Memento Grape Jelly.

Did a little background stamping with Lulu Lavender, although it was all pretty much hidden after I assembled my card.

Cut the larger background layer from Pure Luxury Lovely Lavender and sponged the edges with Memento Grape Jelly.

To make the narrow scallop border, I used my scallop rectangle nestablities, similarly to what I did yesterday. This time, since I only wanted a narrow border, I placed my cardstock under one end only, using the inside scallops to line up the edge of the cardstock.

Here is what it looked like after running it through my Cuttlebug.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Sweet Corn and used a Lovely Lavender card base.

I wanted to take a moment to thank Angie for this award.



Thanks, Angie!!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Patti J said...

You have such a talent with choosing colors! You are the sponging master! Love your card - so pretty and soft! Thanks for sharing, and for the wonderful tutorial!

Glenda said...

Breathtaking! Your colors just blow me away! Great blending of your colors!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful and striking Theresa! Gorgeous colouring and spongeing, truly the work of an artist.

Anonymous said...

Wow this is such a beautiful card! I'm going to have to remember your tip of using the nestabilities die to create the scallop border.

Payne Holler Cards said...

always gorgeous! lovin that tip on using the nesties...sorry havent been around - just too much on plate with my day job! hugs
Linda

Lori said...

Beautiful! The colors and sketch are perfect for the daffs.