Friday, April 8, 2011

Flower Trio

Good Friday Morning to you! Today we have a new color challenge at StampTV. Here is my sample, featuring images from Hope Grows

The colors for this week's challenge are Red Hot, Sweet Corn and Sweet Mango. You can find the challenge here at StampTV. One random participant will win a free stamp set from Gina K Designs.

I started by sponging Memento Cantaloupe on Pure Luxury White.

Then sponged Memento Tangelo.

Stamped the flowers from Hope Grows, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Colored the flower centers with Copic marker Y17.

Started with R46 on the petals.

Added R24.
Added R22.

Then used my blender pen to soften the highlights.


Used YG25 on the stem.

I scored the Pure Luxury Sweet Mango cardbase, using my Scor-Buddy and layered with Pure Luxury Red Hot and Sweet Corn. The sentiment layer was cut using oval and scallop oval Nestabilities and adhered to a layer of Red Hot cut using a Spellbinders Fancy Tag die.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a fun weekend!

10 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love your coloring on these pretty blooms Theresa! The scored bg adds just the right touch with the off set framings!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Your coloring is exquisite, as always, and the scored lines are a perfect addition to a wonderful layout!

Chrysalis said...

Hi Theresa - love the angle you've put the top piece at - really makes this card different. Thanks for sharing xx

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this layout--I've been looking for flowers like this and I've found them! Beautiful job.
Judy S

Ravengirl said...

Looks great! Love these colors together!

Luv 2 Create said...

Fabulous card design and the colors are so rich together.
Marcie

msadoc said...

The colors are just beautiful. I really like the copic marker's technique. Thanks for sharing

Yvonne, New Orleans

Payne Holler Cards said...

wasnt a fan of this color combo until seeing your card!
love it and thanks for the inspiration (-:

Steph said...

Stunning! Beautiful colours! x

JudyC, said...

Theresa - Your card is beautiful! I love the embossing and scoring. You really did a great job. I enjoyed looking at your vacation pictures. I,too, love looking at the ruins in Mexico. For the pictures I can tell you all were having a great time.