Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dad's Day Train

Good morning! I'm adding to my Father's Day stash of cards. I used the train from Life is Good and the trees from Follow Your Dreams

 I started by using sticky notes to mask for the moon and foreground. I tore the sticky notes for the foreground, then I sponged Memento Desert Sand ink.

I moved the torn sticky notes down a bit and sponged again, then moved and sponged again, to create depth. 

I sponged Memento Rich Cocoa around the edges, then removed the circle mask. I stamped the trees, from Follow Your Dreams, using Memento Rich Cocoa. 

Stamped the trees again. 

Stamped the train, from Life is Good, on another piece of Pure Luxury White, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Colored with Copic markers, starting with N7.
Added N5.

Added N3.

Filled in with N1.

I used W3 for the smoke and around the tracks, and Y17 for the light. After coloring, I cut out the image.

I adhered the train to the background with Pop Dots and layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown on a Kraft card base. The sentiment is from Gone Fishing and I added score lines with my Scor-buddy.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is wonderful!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic
Elborgi

Becky said...

This is awesome Theresa.

Shirley N said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, love the dimension on this! Thanks for always showing your step-by-step technique!

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What a stunning card! Thanks so much for tutorial, too...I can't wait to try this!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa- this is a perfect Dad's card!

Diane K. said...

Unbelieveable.

Pam Zirbel said...

I just can NEVER get over how awesome your creations are!! Just incredible designs. Your coloring is second to NONE!!!! I would like to follow your blog, just need to go find out where I can!!