Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Soft Autumn Birthday

Hello Happy Stampers! Today I have a card using The Giving Tree.

I started by sponging Memento Desert Sand ink on an Ivory background.

Then sponged MEmento Rich Cocoa.

Next I sponged Memento Angel Pink at the top.

Then lightly with Memento Rose Bud.

I stamped the tree with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Then I used Copic markers, YG93 and YG91 to add some shading to the ground.

I stamped the small leaf trio with Memento Desert Sand around the base of the tree.

Then stamped it again several times with Memento Angel Pink.

On a small piece of Pure Luxury White card stock, I stamped the birdhouse and used Copics to color, starting with E59.

Then added E57.

Added E35.

Then filled in with E51.

I used N5 on the roof.

I cut out the birdhouse and adhered it with Pop Dots, then stamped the rake to be leaning on the tree.

I inked up the bird with Memento Summer Sky, then just touched the top edge of the bird to the Danube Blue ink pad before stamping, to give him a little shading.

I used on of the images from Elegant Elements and stamped around the top and sides with Memento Angel Pink.

Someone asked me how I wrap my bakers twine around my layers. Sorry, I can't remember if it was a comment or an email, but here is how I do it. I start at #1 and hold the twine with my thumb, leaving one end just dangling. With my thumb still holding it in place, a pull the other end toward #2 and wrap it around the back toward #3. I wrap it around and then angle it toward #4. I wrap it around at #4 and then keep it straight going toward #5. Wrap it around at #5 and then meet up at #1 and tie it off. When I tie it off it isn't always crossing at just the point I want, so then I just adjust the twine here and there until I'm happy with it. I hope that makes sense.

I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and used an Innocent Pink card base.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are having a happy day!

11 comments:

Pauline said...

Aother fabulous card. Loved coloring and the sentiment. TFS

Nana Griffin said...

I hope you never give up designing and doing cards with the gina k stamps. I would be lost. You give so many good ideas with the sets. Wonderful card today!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the soft pink shading to frame the image. I love the tree and birdhouse with the bird silhouette.
Thank you for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

wonderful card
Elborgi

Dagmar said...

Hello Theresa,

wonderful,beautiful Card. Thanks for the step by step instruction.

Hugs Dagmar

nicke said...

WOW is all I can say to this card I love the stamp set the bird and the birdhouse I have a thing for trees at the moment, very inspirational.....xx

Cassie_lu said...

what a great card and your sponging is so soft and beautiful.

Becky said...

This is so lovely Theresa..As always :)

Uschi said...

Die Karte ist wieder ganz phantastisch! Vielen Dank, für die Step-by-Step Erklärung!!

Liebe Grüße
Uschi

Sharon in Arizona said...

Wow Theresa, love this card!!! I always enjoy your cards, they are always so beautiful and I admire how well you sponge the colors. I keep telling myself "practice makes perfect". :o) Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. Hugs, Sharon :o)

Unknown said...

Incredibly clever and another example of pure artistry! x