Monday, August 8, 2011

Basket Buddies

Hello! Here is a card I shared during our blog hops last week and wanted to post the tutorial for anyone that wants it. The images are from Melanie Muenchinger's adorable new stamp set, Basket Buddies.

To start, I stamped the pet bed on some Cosmo Cricket Wanted designer paper.

I added some shading with my W3 Copic marker.

Then added a little more shading with N5, and cut out the image.

I stamped the puppies with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then used Copics to color, starting with E59 on the darker puppy.

Added E57.

Added E55.

Then filled in with E51.

I used R02 and R22 on the tongue.

For the other puppy, I started with E35.

Added E53.

Then filled in with E51. After coloring, I cut out the image.

For the background, I cut an oval from PL Ivory cardstock, using oval Nestabilities, and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Then sponged Memento Desert Sand.

Sponged Memento Rich Cocoa.

I layered with PL Chocolate Brown, cut with scallop oval Nestabilities and stamped the bone randomly with Memento Desert Sand.

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Tan Leather and stamped the paw print randomly all over, stamping off on scratch paper to make the ink a lighter shade.

I adhered the puppy image to the pet bed and attached them to the oval using Pop Dots. I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and used Tan Leather for the card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope your day is wonderful!

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I've been eyeballing the new sets! Thanks for such a wonderful tutorial. You are so kind to always share how you create such gorgeous works! Have a great week - hugs...!

Barb Ghig said...

Another absolutely GORGEOUS card, Theresa! Your blog is amazing...and I really appreciate that you provide us with photos/tutorials on how you achieved such beautiful designs ~ Thank you!!!

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Love the stamps and another great paper pack and goodies! Thanks Theresa, for all your great inspiration!!

Please visit my first new blog.
I'll be proud of a comment of you.
Hugs from Marina

Bettyscardsandpaperdesigns.blogspot.com