Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunny Coneflowers



Hello! Today I decided to check out the Try A New Technique Challenge at Split Coast Stampers and it was a fun one. We were to go to our favorites and case the very first card we ever favorited. I went to my favorites and this card was the first one I favorited. How funny that it turned out to be by Michelle Woerner who wound up on the GKD DT with me. I didn't know her at all back then.

I stayed with a similar design and color scheme, but used a stamped trio of flowers in place of the prima flowers and left off a few embellishments. I also used a stamped/sponged background instead of designer paper. The images are from Heartfelt and the sentiment is from Sending Sunshine.

I stamped the flowers with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used Copics to color, starting with YR07.

 Added Y19.

Added Y15.

Then filled in with Y11.

 I wanted a little more dept at the base of the petals, so I added R89.

For the centers I filled in with E19.

 Then I used my blender pen to push in a little highligt.

Added a bit more shading with E59.

I filled in the stems and leaves with G24.

Then I added YG97.

Then blended with YG05. After coloring I cut out the image.

 For the background I first sponged Memento Dessert Sand on Pure Luxury White card stock.

Then sponged Memento Rich Cocoa.

I stamped the wheat image, also from Heartfelt, using Memento Rich Cocoa.  I stamped off once on scratch paper before stamping on the background to make the wheat lighter, then repeated several times.

I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and Tan Leather. The card base is also Chocolate Brown. I adhered the coneflowers with Pop Dots and added gold cording like in Michelles card. The finished card size is 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!


7 comments:

Debbie B said...

Great job on your coloring!!! I may just have to buy some copics and learn how to use them. I use colored pencils mostly. This card is gorgeous!!

Debbie B

Uschi said...

Deine Karten sind richtige Kunstwerke. Ich bin immer wieder begeistert!!

Liebe Grüße
Uschi

Beth Norman said...

This is so gorgeous. I love the eye popping orange and yellow against the brown.

Nana Griffin said...

Such a lovely card Theresa! Thanks for showing and listing the card size.

Selma said...

I always love to come and see your gorgeous cards. This is fabulous. Your coloring always brings things to life.

Rosalie said...

I love your stuff and coloring and have started cutting out my designs like yours. I always used to cut with a border, This is much cooler! What sponges do you use?

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh my! This card is stunning. I totally remember making that card! Isn't life funny? Now here we are on the same team and I ADORE your cards and stamp designs! Hugs to you my friend!