Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gina K Inspiration Hop Day 4

  The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop!!! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of deeply etched, pre-cut Gina K. Designs stamps! To see the full list of winners check the Big News forum at Stamp TV a couple of days after the hops!!
Hello! It's the fourth and final day of Inspiration Blog Hops for the Gina K Designs March release. Today the design team are featuring two sets that you can get for free! First up is the new Free With Three stamp set, Great Sayings. Such a beautiful sets with some inspiring sayings! If you buy three regular Gina K Designs stamp sets, you can get this one for free!

Next is a mini set called Believe in Yourself. It has gorgeous butterfly and sentiment you see on my card and it was made specially to celebrate StampTV's 3 anniversary. You can get it free with orders over $35 during the month of March.

HEre is a close up of my butterfly card so you can see the shimmer I added with my Stardust Glitter Pen. I sponged my background and then used the butterfly antennae to add some texture to the corners. 

To see how you can earn free stamp sets, CLICK HERE. And be sure to scroll down and read about what happens if you buy six stamp sets.














For more inspiration, check out the rest of the design team blogs… 



  • Gina K
  • Carolina Buchting
  • Cathy Tidwell
  • Deb Felts
  • Donna Baker
  • Emily Giovanni
  • Giovana Smith
  • Jimmi Mayo
  • Lee Murphy
  • Lori McAree
  • Melanie Muenchinger
  • Michelle Woerner
  • Theresa Momber
  • Tina Gilliland
  • Vicki Dutcher


  • To make the first card, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White using Spellbinders Labels 23 die template.  Then I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink while still in the die template.

    Sponged Memento Angel Pink.

    Sponged Memento Rose Bud.

    I removed the die template and then I stamped the flower image twice. I used a sticky note to mask the white section.

    I used Copic YG23 on the leaves and stems.

    Used Y17 on the flower centers and RV25 on the petals. (sorry I missed the shot on the RV25)

    I used a smaller die template to sponged the sentiment layer the same what I had done the first one, then I stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used the new Pure Luxury Petals and Wings pattern paper  to layer, along with Pure Luxury Passionate Pink. The card base is Just Peachy.

    Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!


    65 comments:

    Riette said...

    I always look forward to see your instructions. Very inspiring!

    Cat Tidwell said...

    Such gorgeousness T!!

    Nancy Leppek said...

    Love this one Theresa! Love the matching sentiment!! I have been trying my hand at sponging, thanks to you and let me say it is so much fun! Thanks for all your inspiration!

    Crafty Math Chick said...

    I know I say it a lot, but I mean it each and every time I say it - your tutorials and talent are AMAZING Theresa! Thank you so much for taking the time to create them and your beautiful cards for us. They look like they are glowing! I really like the extra special touch those Stardust glitter pens add, will have to pick some of those up too!!

    Olga said...

    Well done! I like your tutorials!

    Vicki Dutcher said...

    Stunning sponging!! Love the shimmering bfly card!

    Nana Griffin said...

    Absolutely gorgeous cards!

    Elizabeth Cooper said...

    Such a beautiful card! I really appreciate your technique instructions as well. Thank you!

    Anita Braddock said...

    Awesome Card love the Way you ave Blended your colors. Love the Striped paper it goes perfect with the flowers. thanks for sharing.
    abbraddock@msn.com

    Becky said...

    Love your tutorials and love these cards. :)

    Tami B. said...

    Please tell me, is there a video posted anywhere of you doing your sponging technique?
    I am always "floored" by your creations. This butterfly card is a prime example- so very simple yet so absolutely stunning!

    Rozy said...

    Love that plaid background choice!

    Cheryl W. said...

    Thanks for the little tutorial. So helpful. Your cards are beautiful!

    Lagene said...

    EEKkk OOooo AAHHHhhhh! Love how you shaded the focal to match the background paper!!!

    alex said...

    Such beautiful cards, love the design of the first one, and the butterfly looks amazing, also thank you for your wonderful tutorial :-)

    Sharon said...

    Beautiful cards! Your background sponging/coloring is always so pretty and adds so much to the designs.

    Unknown said...

    Such bright, cheery, spring colors, love them!

    Janice said...

    beautiful!

    Rosy Newlun said...

    Dear Theresa,
    I always learn from what you do. Thank you for the step by steps! You will make some kind of an artist out of me yet - love your coloring and layouts!!!

    Susan said...

    Great color combos on both cards. Gotta love the glitter pen! What did I do before I had one??

    Amy said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Amy said...

    So pretty! Love the shading while the die is still in place. What a great effect! The pictures and wording in your tutorials are wonderful...it's all so helpful!

    Anne Biesterfeld said...

    Awesome. Inspirin.

    Scrapacat said...

    These cards are so rich in color. I love them both!

    Jennifer said...

    I really enjoy your coloring techniques! What wonderful stamp sets!
    Regards,
    Jennifer

    Lorraine said...

    Pretty first card and totally love the second one - ooh the color!!!

    Lee said...

    OH someday you ARE going to teach me those sponging secrets! I always just sigh and stare at your cards my friend!!!

    janet33234 said...

    Great cards. Both so very pretty.

    Judy Inukai said...

    Both cards are gorgeous. I always enjoy your step by step instructions. Love how you've colored the butterfly

    Unknown said...

    great tutorial for some lovely stamping!
    thanks
    Holly

    Debbie Bradford said...

    Both are gorgeous! Your butterfly card is certaintly attention getting!

    Trisha said...

    Oh, so love your first card!! Your shaded labels and stamped flowers are so darned pretty.

    scrappinmommom said...

    Thanks always for your lovely cards and your tutorials. So very pretty.

    Joan said...

    WOW! Absolutely gorgeous cards. Thank you for the great tutorial. Fantastic work.

    Angelica Schmidt said...

    Beautiful cards! Love the butterly and the glitter so pretty and your sponging awesome as always!

    Leta said...

    loved how you used the antennea on the background

    Robin said...

    So Pretty! And thanks for all the tips!

    Caryn S said...

    such beautiful backgrounds on both cards and what a clever idea to use the butterfly antennae!

    Pat Jandacek said...

    I love the sponged backgrounds on these cards...they have such a soft feel to them. tfs

    Melody (lacyquilter) said...

    Your cards are gorgeous.

    The T-Shirt & Tole Shop said...

    pretty. love the color scheme.

    Gee Sauvageau said...

    As always, you've done a wonderful job. I was intrigued by the way you sponged the background for the butterfly then used the antenna part of the stamp to create a design that draws your background paper into the stamp itself!

    Holly AKA KopyKat said...

    these are so adorable, I love them both

    Luv 2 Create said...

    Oh my goodness this is gorgeous!!!!!
    Marcie

    lisa808 said...

    Two more beauties. I always enjoy your tutorials.

    lakergirl said...

    I absolutely just love your cards for this week! The floral card with the plaid paper is so springy- and the butterfly is just beautiful- love all the colors you picked! Just LOVELY Theresa...Kim

    Sue D said...

    gorgeous cards--I like the sponging.

    StampinSher said...

    Terrific way of coloring and sharing how you do it! Thanks!!! Love the way you used the stamps, so inspiring. TFS

    Sharon said...

    Really beautful cards, I love the butterfly!

    zehra said...

    Your utorialink are great, love the card

    Wendy Thompson said...

    Your cards are stunning Theresa thanks for sharing

    Anonymous said...

    I love your tutorials, thanks for sharing!!

    Marisela B

    Nanette said...

    Both cards are gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial.

    Ravengirl said...

    Very, very cute cards! I love the stardust pen over the butterfly!

    FrancineB said...

    Your backgrounds are stunning. They do a great job at highlight your focal image.

    Kris in Alaska said...

    Lovely work!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    Marsha said...

    Beautiful cards again. Love the pen on the butterfly.

    Kathy N. said...

    Per usual, very lovely!

    Verna Angerhofer said...

    Awesome cards. So wonderfully colored and designed. Thanks so much for sharing again.

    Lisa H. said...

    Thanks for giving us such detailed info on your process! I love your designs!

    CinBoopRella's Place said...

    Loving the detailed instructions to your gorgeous works or art! I want to run down to my basement and create!

    Pitchoune said...

    so pretty! i love it,A+

    Sharon Caudle said...

    Hi Theresa! It's been forever since I've been by to see you (hanging head in shame). Your work is gorgeous as ever! Hope you're doing well and having fun!
    hugs, Sharon

    Gayle said...

    Theresa, More genius and very inspiring....love them.

    Jo4Him said...

    Great cards-love them both. The butterfly card is elegant. Thanks for sharing.