Sunday, July 15, 2012

Peaceful Waterfall Tutorial

Hello there! I hope you all had a fun weekend. Thanks for understanding about the word verification. It was so nice not getting any spam all weekend. I'll go ahead and turn it off and hope there is less of it now.  Today I have another waterfall card to share with you, using my new stamp set, Tropical Nature.

I stamped the waterfall image with Memento Espresso Truffle ink and cut it out with Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Labels Eighteen. 

I stamped the waterfall on a sticky note and cut around it to use as a mask.

Then I began sponging with Memento Summer Sky ink.

 Sponged Memento Danube Blue.

And then sponged Memento Paris Dusk.

I removed the mask and used YG99 to  color the tree foliage.

Then used YG95 on the foliage.

For the water, I began with B02.

Added B04.

Then B66.

I sponged around the side and bottom of the waterfall with Memento Gray Flannel.

Then I used an opaque white gel pen to draw in a moon sliver.

I cut this gorgeous new flourish using one of the new Summer CHA release die template sets from Spellbinders. This is part of a set called Jewel Flowers, part of the Julianna Hudgins designer collection. I love this set and especially this die template!  I used Pure Luxury In The Navy for my flourish and then used scissor to cut it into two smaller pieces. If you didn't get a chance to see both of Julianna's new Spellbinders sets, you can see them on her blog here. 

To adhere the flourish pieces, I ran them through my Xyron Creat-a-sticker.  So handy!

I used Pure Luxury Baby Boy Blue for my card base, cut to form a 4 ¼ by 5 ½ inch card base. Then I scored decorative lines on two opposing corners, using my Scor-Buddy. 

And here is another look at the finished card. Thanks for coming by today. I hope you have a fabulous Monday!




9 comments:

Natalie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the step-by-step. Thanks for sharing your talent!

Becky said...

O wow..This is gorgeous..

Elizabeth said...

Another gorgeous creation. I just love that waterfall.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is totally beautiful, Theresa! I just want to dive in. Feels like my body temp dropped a few degrees just looking at it!

Lena said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card. Being a visual learner, I love and really appreciate your step by step tutorials. Thank you so much for taking the time.
Hugs
Lena

Payne Holler Cards said...

What a knockout! Gorgeous....So appreciate time you give us in your toots (-:

Ellen Taylor said...

OMGOSH!! Beautiful card! Thanks for the tutorial!!

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

This card is just fabulous!! It is a wowser! Thanks for the great tutorial too!!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful card! Thank you so much for the tutorial!