Friday, April 19, 2013

Happiness Always Tutorial

 Hello there! Today I have a card made with Elegant Florals. Before I get to describing my card, did you know CardMaker Magazine has a blog? It's a great place to get ideas and full of tips and tricks from the CardMaker designers.  And today, Melanie just happens to have a fabulous post on the CardMaker blog, using Elegant Florals. You can check it out here.

 For my card, I started by stamping the calla lily, from Elegant Florals, using Memento Espresso Truffle ink. After stamping on Ivory card stock, I stamped again on scratch paper to create a mask.

 I cut out the mask and adhered it over the first stamped image, using re-positionable tape.  Then I stamped the lily again. I stamped it on scratch paper a  second time, to create another mask.

 After cutting out the second mask, I adhered it over the other stamped image, using re-positionable tape.

 Then I used my Jumbo Sponge Dauber to sponge Memento Rich Cocoa ink.

 I removed the masks and began coloring with Y17 Copic marker.

 Then used Y21.

 Added Y11 and then used my blender pen to smooth the color into the white areas.

 For the stems, I started with YG93.

 Then brightened it up with YG03.

 I traced around each flower with BV000 to create a faint drop shadow.

Then I used Spellbinders™Labels Eighteen to cut and emboss.

I used a Pure Luxury Dark Chocolate card base (4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches) and used Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A to emboss a frame in the card base. I added some Zva Creative bling to embellish. The sentiment was stamped on Ivory card stock and cut out by hand.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fabulous day!

4 comments:

ALI said...

This is so beautiful.

Pitchoune said...

beautiful card

Nancy said...

So Amazing Theresa!

Unknown said...

Morning what a beautiful card itz really pretty xx
Debs A