Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Framed Beach Scene Tutorial and Video



 Hello there! Today I have a card featuring images from my latest set, By The Sea 2. In addition to step by step photos, I also created a video for this card. I hope you like it.


To begin, I cut and embossed white card stock using Spellbinders™ A2 Matting Basics A die template and sponged with Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Then sponged with Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Grape Jelly ink.

Sponged Memento Tangelo ink.

Sponged Memento Potter's Clay ink.

I used sticky notes to mask the sky and ground. The sky mask was torn to create sand banks, by sponging Memento Espresso Truffle ink.

I removed the mask and used a W3 Copic marker to add a shadow beneath the sand banks.

Next, I stamped the chairs, from By the Sea 2, using Memento Espresso Truffle.

I began coloring by filling in the images with YR14.

Then shaded the backs and sides with E35.

Then a little more shading with E57.

I used W3 to create shadows beneath the chairs and waves. Then added some highlights to the waves with my opaque white gel pen. I used BV11 to extend the horizon line from the sand banks.

I used Pure Luxury Vibrant Purple for my card base and added a score line with my Scor-buddy. Then I held another A2 Matting Basics die template in place using low tack tape and embossed it using my Grand Calibur™ Machine.

The sentiment was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and I used Pure Luxury Black Onyx to layer behind the scene.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

Sharon Underwood said...

Thanks, Theresa, for a great video tutorial! Now I think I "get it" a little better. Great job!

Janine said...

Lovely card - great tutorial

JoanL said...

Welcome back! Hope your problems are solved. Great tutorial and the scene is gorgeous! (as usual)

Bobbi Miller said...

I just LOVE how you do this! I am in awe of your designs and how you make it look so easy. Beautiful card...thanks for making my day!

Uschi said...

Herzlichen Dank für das tolle Tutorial. Die Karte sieht phantastisch aus!

Viele Grüße
Uschi

Rae said...

Loved the video, and as always your cards are beautiful. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Eileen L. said...

Loved watching you create this beautiful card on video, I truly am in awe at how you create such gorgeous scenes. Love that stamp too.

Judy Inukai said...

Great video. The step by step photos are great, but seeing you sponge off a little before you put the sponge to the card, was very helpful. It was also very helpful to watch you create the shadows. And seeing how you emboss the card base was most helpful too. Thanks for all your wonderful inspiration.

Pitchoune said...

thank you so much for this video, bue from France,
Pitchoune

Melanie said...

excellent video!

Rosy Newlun said...

Well done Theresa! I cannot believe I glean yet more from a video than from the step by step. Thank you so much for all the help you give the rest of us ;) I love what you do!!! Spectacular scene!!!!

craftsbyreva said...

Just found your site and fell in love with your cards and tutorials! I am for sure going to try some of your ideas. I found your cards on Pinterest and thought 'how in the world did she do that?'! But you explain so well that I may even be able to do some of these! LOL! Keep up the great work!

Heather Rogers said...

This is stunning Rosy. I love your pretty background and rippled waves. I have a card coming up in July where I did the same kind of background. They are SO much fun to make. :)

~ Jo ~ said...

WOW just beautiful! I love how you take us step by step through your process of creating the sky/beach scene. What a gorgeous card this turned out to be!

Hugs,
Jo

Unknown said...

I really love this tutorial. Very well done.

Kathryn A said...

What a gorgeous scene! And it's so wonderful to SEE how you do that fantastic sponging! Thanks for sharing!!