Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ornate Birthday Card with Hatpin Bezel Tutorial

Hello! Today I used one of Spellbinders®' new Media Mixage™ Square Hatpin Bezels on my card.

Here is a close up of the bezel. I used an image from Piddix and added Ice Resin® and a little key charm to my bezel. The hatpins make great accents for cards and can also be removed and used as a hatpin, lapel pin and anything you can think up!


Here is a quick video showing how I made my bezel. The possibilities for making bezels in any style are endless. This is just one of many ways to make them. I love adding Ice Resin® to mine, because it gives it such a polished look when finished. 

To make the card, start by nesting Decorative Labels Twenty-eight #1 and #2 die templates (with one being the smallest die template) and cut/emboss tan cardstock. Then, with the cardstock still in the die template, sponge using Memento Dessert Sand ink. I'll only be using the outside frame portion on my card.

Cut/emboss the #3 die template with Ivory cardstock, then sponge using Memento Desert Sand ink.

Ink up the branch, from Gina K Designs Dogwood and Butterfly stamp set, using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. Stamp off on scratch paper once, then stamp on the die cut. I used a sticky note to mask off at the bottom, so it wouldn't show beneath my frame after assembling.

Stamp the sentiment, also from Dogwood and Butterfly, using Memento Espresso Truffle.

Cut and emboss tan cardstock with the largest die template from Ornate Squares, then sponge using Memento Desert Sand ink.

Assemble the card, adhering the layers with 3D Foam Sqaures and add a silk ribbon bow, Then attach the hatpin bezel and embellish with self adhesive pearls.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Sue said...

absolutely stunning. Love the neutral tones, just a gorgeous card.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa- this is absolutely breathtaking!!

Cheryl Wright said...

Totally gorgeous!

Sharon Underwood said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Seth said...

Beautiful card. And I love how you filled the bezel.

Rosy Newlun said...

Just draws me in with elegant layers rich with color!

AJ said...

great card Theresa! you always amaze me with your inking skills! LOVE the bezel!

Anonymous said...

Hi Theresa, I came here via Pinterest. This is a lovely card. I was inspired by a card that you made in 2010, and mentioned you on my blog! Thanks so much for sharing!