Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Tag

I decided to go challenge hunting this morning and found some fun challenges to play along with. I always work faster when I'm doing challenges, because normally, I spend waaayyyyy too much time trying to decided what I am going to do. Challenges take some of the decision making away from me and really speed things up. I bet a lot of you are like that, too.

The challenges I am joining in on are...

CPS - Sketch challenge
Stamp Something - Something Flowery (oops, I was late on this one)
Paper Play Challenges - Anything Goes (well this one was rather easy!)
Flutter By Wednesday - Butterfly, Fairy or Angel

I have been wanting to make more tags lately and finally got around to doing one. I really want to do a bunch of Christmas themed tags to place on packages this year, so I hopefully I'll get started on those soon.

I stamped the daffodils, from Sending Sunshine, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Copics, starting with YR07 where I wanted the most intense color.

I added Y17.

Filled in most of the way with Y23.


I used a blender pen to smooth out the highlights, then used YG03 on the foliage.

Used YG95 to add some shading to the foliage.

For the background, I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink on Pure Luxury White cardstock.

I stamped the sentiment in black and butterflies in Memento Tangelo.
\
Decided I needed another butterfly and then added the scallop border, from In Stitches, also using Memento Tangelo.

I cut out the daffodils and then adhered them using Pop Dots. I layered with Pure Luxury Tan Leather.

Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!

11 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful tag, Theresa!!! Glad you found some time for some challenges!

Cathy said...

What a beautiful tag T, love the colors and now you have to teach me to tie pretty bows too LOL. Great design as always. I feel inspired to make a tag :)

Created By You said...

Beautiful job, love the coloring and the dimension! Thanks for the great tutorial too!

Candy Gardner said...

Wow Theresa! Your blog is so much fun. I just can't get over how beautiful all your paper creations are. Thanks for all your "how to" help! Your the best.
Candy

Danni said...

So gorgeous! I love that you show how you create your projects too! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

kksb said...

Your tag is beautiful. You are a wonderful colorist. I can tell exactly where the sun is shining on the daffodils. Thank you for sharing.

Julie said...

Oh my word,this is stunning! Live the step by step approach of blogging,very helpful. Must get me that Cantelope momento ink it sure is a fab colour! X

Casmiles said...

Beautiful, Theresa. I love your background shading - I can never seem to get mine to look as natural as yours...

Anke said...

WOW Theresa your tag is so wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am definitely glad to find this. great job!

Anonymous said...

hello and merry xmas to every one - hope yous had a good xmas - doing the rounds and back from parents 12lbs heavier a`hhh , all the best for the comming year -
bueleys