Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Believe In Fairies

Hello! I haven't played in a Stamp Simply challenge in ages and decided to pop over there for a look. They posted a fairytale challenge this week, so I pulled out Alicia K's Wishes and Dreams stamp set.

I stamped the fairy with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics, starting with B00 in the eyes.

Added B21 to all but the very center of the eyes.

Added B23, keeping closer to the outer edges.

Finally, I rimmed the outside edges with B26.

I decided I made the eyes too even, so I added some highlights with a white gel pen and pupils with a black marker.

Filled in the skin areas with YR000.

I added some shading with E51, focusing mainly on the left side of each area.

Deepened the shading with E53.

On the dress I started with V06.

Added V04.

Filled in with V12.

On the wings, I started with RV29.

Added RV25.

Added RV23.

Filled in with RV21.

For the hair, I started with E51.

Layered on YR12.

Added E35.

Added E37.

I used my Quickie Glue pen and Doodlebug glitter to add some sparkle to her dress and wings.

For the background, I sponged some Memento Cantaloupe ink in the center of an oval.

Sponged Memento Angel Pink starting at the edges and meeting up with the yellow.

Sponged Memento Rose Bud starting at the edges.

Sponged Memento Rhubarb Stalk just at the edges.


I layered with Pure Luxury Passionate Pink and used a Bubblegum Pink card base. That larger background layer is from the Basic Grey Eva collection. I stamped some branches from Hope Grows.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a stamp-tastic day!

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

This is adorable! You just amaze me with your coloring talent! Super great!!

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something!

Hugs,
Renata

Martina said...

Very beautiful.
Like the big eyes :-)
Regards
Martina

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

she is adorable Theresa!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Joan Ervin said...

Absolutely gorgeous coloring, Theresa...your tutorial is wonderful!!!!

roro said...

I've very new to copic markers and was search for some info to help me and found you at splitcoast and I'm so excited because yours is the best I've seen and I know I can learn from your blog thank you for your time and talent.