Tuesday, August 24, 2010

GKD Previews Day 3


Hi there! It's another day of previews for Gina K Designs and today we are all showing the new StampTV Kit, Autumn Splendor.  I love the gorgeous images in this new kit and they are so big! Love that. More about my card below.

For more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, please check out these participating designer's links:
You are invited to join us for our Release party this Thursday night, August 26 from 7-10 central time for contest questions, challenges, and chatter along with tons more samples!  The party leads up to the new products featured this week on our blogs being available for purchase online through GinaK Designs at 10 pm.  We hope you'll make plans now to be able to join us in all the fun!

To make my card, I started by stamping the image with Memento Rich Cocoa.

Then I colored with Copic markers, starting with Y17 on the flower petals. I filled them in completely, then used my blender pen to lighten them up a bit in the centers. Then I added more Y17 to deepen the shading at the base of each petal.

For the foliage, I filled in completely with YG25, then added some shading with YG93.

For the centers, I used E39 around the edges, then filled in with YR14.

I used my rectangle Nestabilities to trim my cardstock, then sponged with Memento Rich Cocoa while it was still in the die.

Added a shadow around the image with C3.

I stamped the large silhouette branch with Rich Cocoa directly on the card base.

I layered with a piece of Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown, positioned so the branches would peek out on the side and bottom. The sentiment was also stamped with Rich Cocoa.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

15 comments:

Lee said...

What an awesome design! I love the leaves peeking out from the image panel!!

Cat Tidwell said...

I love how you did the leaves too peeking out! So awesome T!!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

Gorgeous coloring, Theresa! Love the leaves on the card base and that luscious ribbon!

Valerie said...

Really appreciate how you explained how you did your card. The shadowing looks great and the bow sets it off nicely.

Lagene said...

Gorgeous card, thanks so much for the tutorial, the BG leaf stamp is a great frame!

Kary said...

Such a lovely card! I love the flowers focal image, the leaves on the background and that lovely ribbon.

Pat Jandacek said...

Oh, my...I think I'll have to succumb to the call of this StampTVKit! This card is beautiful.

Miesje said...

This is awesome! You are the master at creating the perfect focal image without DP.

craftieodmae said...

another breath taker!

slbt17 said...

I can always count on your for a drop of sunshine in my day!
Beautiful!
Sandra

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Fantastic coloring and sponging! I love the leaves popping out from behind!

Melanie said...

beautiful design, theresa! :)
Have a great day!

Carolyn King said...

so pretty. you really rock the copics/sponging!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Such beautiful depth with your warm colors and it looks fantastic on Kraft. Just wonderful!

Jenn said...

Your cards are always so beautiful and this one is no exception! I love the branches peeking out, very creative!