Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer Sunrise

Hello! I've got another Farm Life card to share today. It was originally going to be a larger, square card, but the first time I stamped the sentiment, it came out crooked. So this is the slightly modified version. 

I started by sponging some Memento Desert Sand ink on my cardstock. 

Added Memento Summer Sky, sponging from the top until I reached the Desert Sand. 

Sponged Paris Dusk at the top. 

Sponged Memento Potter's Clay at the bottom. 

Then I sponged Memento Rich Cocoa along the bottom. 

I stamped the wheat silhouette with Memento Rich Cocoa. After that is when I stamped a crooked sentiment and decided to crop it away.

For the watering card, I colored with Copics, starting with N5. 

Added N3. 

Filled in with N1. 

Added a little E37 and then used my blender pen to push in some highlights. 

YG95 on the foliage. After coloring, I cut out the image. 

I layered the background with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and used a Pumpkin Spice card base. I used Pop Dots to adhere the watering can.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful Theresa, You are not going to believe that I just did this (similar) with scripture :).

Tammie Edgerton said...

Beautiful fall card!

Banu said...

Beautiful card. Very very pretty.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Theresa, this is lovely, the colors are so soft and the wheat looks like it is moving in the background.

slbt17 said...

Thanks Theresa - this is beautiful!

Sandra

Monique said...

So Beautiful!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your cards are simply beautiful. Again, thank you for the step-by-step guides.

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a beautiful card - thanks for sharing the tutorial.