Monday, March 7, 2011

Sweet Pink Flowers

Good Monday Morning to you! There is a new sketch challenge posted at StampTV and here is my sample for it. I used the flowers from Little Critters for this one.

Here is a look at the sketch. One random participant will win a stamp set from Gina K Designs. We would love to have you join in the fun!

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored Copic markers, starting with RV19.

Then I added RV25.

I filled in most of the way with RV21, leaving some highlighted areas. Then I used my blender pen to allow some color to bleed into the highlighted areas.

For the foliage, I used YG23 to fill in completely.

Then added shading with YG25 and used my blender pen to push in some highlights.

I cut the image using Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I used my Versa Mark pen to color over the image so the embossing powder would stick.

Sponged with Memento Cantaloupe ink. The embossing resisted the ink, leaving the image intact.

Then sponged Memento Rose Bud ink.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves on the bottom.

I layered with Pure Luxury Passionate Pink and used a Creme De Menthe card base. The pattern paper is from an older Basic Grey pad, called Eva.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous coloring and a wonderful tutorial GF!

Gayle C. said...

Beautiful and very inspiring.

sandi said...

Love the colors and such a pretty card for spring.

Luv 2 Create said...

Love this sketch design. Your card is beautiful as always. Colors are so pretty together and your coloring technique so percise. Thanks for the tutorial.
Marcie

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Theresa! Beautiful colors. Thanks so much for the tutorial.

LivS said...

Beautiful card and great colors! Thank you for the tutorial! Hugs Liv

iCreateforfun said...

Very pretty card. Thank you for all your tutorial w/copic pens.

kellyisascrapdiva said...

Gorgeous card!

Deebi27 said...

Llove the pinks and green, esp that bright green shade, fun sketch too!

Lagene said...

GORGEOUS! Thanks for the tutorial!