Friday, April 29, 2011

Grey Heron

Hello and happy Friday! My card today is one I shared at the release party last week. I used images from my latest set, Follow Your Dreams.

I stamped the heron with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics, starting with C5.

Added C3.

Then filled in with C1.

I used B93 to add a bit of a blue tinge to the feathers, and used N5 to deepen the shadows.

Used E53 on the beak and legs.

Next I heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder. I used a Versa Mark pen to cover the image so the embossing powder would have something to stick to.

Then I sponged Memento Summer Sky.

I masked the top using a sticky not and sponged Memento Bahama Blue.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a Turquoise Sea card base.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Simply stunning Theresa!!!

Betty Benton said...

You've got a stunner of a heron there, Theresa!

Cheri said...

Wonderful CAS card, Theresa. I just got my set yesterday....I can't wait to ink it up. Thanks so much for the tutorials.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Sigh...so beautiful, Teresa! Thanks for taking the time to show how you colored and then embossed the heron.

Susan said...

Beautiful card! Love it! Thanks so much for the directions!

Donna Baker said...

so beautiful! that reminds me of a book I read recently where they talked about a blue heron, I had no idea what that bird looks like.