Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stately Magnolias

Hello! Here is that project I promised you. I used the stunning magnolia blossom from Melanie's new Stately Flowers 3 stamp set.


I started colored the center with E15.

Then filled in with Y23.

On the petals, I began shading with Y23.

Then added E00.

Added BV000.

Then BV11.

On the leaves, I started with YG23.

Added G03.

Then shaded with YG93 and W3. After coloring, I cut out the flower.

I cut piece of Pure Luxury White card stock with Spellbinders Lacey Circle Die Template and sponged Mememento Grape Jelly ink while it was still in the die template. I adhered the flower to the circle with Pop Dots and adhered both to the Pure Luxury Creme De Menthe card base. I added some of the new Pure Luxury Wisteria Lane pattern paper to the top, using Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities to cut the bottom piece. After stamping the sentiment, I highlighted it with score lines made with my Score-Buddy.

Thanks for all the get well wishes. Have a great day!


13 comments:

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! (I just checked and can't believe out of about 200 markers I don't have most of these colors!)

Dawnll said...

Oh this is so beautiful!Love the color combo you used and that touch of bv colors.
Thank you for sharing

Deb Neerman said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Nana Griffin said...

So very gorgeous! I am so glad that I have all but 2 of the markers.

Claret Belle said...

I just wanted to stop by today and thank you for the awesome blog posts. I appreciate how you show the coloring and the color numbers as well as other tips for us cardmakers. I always enjoy your posts but have enjoyed your blog throughout the years and again - Thank you.

ednamburgess said...

Very beautiful card and love your step by step tutorials. Very helpful. I had my gall bladder out also and felt so much better afterward. Rest up and you'll be glad you had it out. Take care. Edna

ednamburgess said...

Whoops, forgot to say Congratulations on being a part of Spellbinders Design Team. You'll be a great asset. Edna

Evette K. said...

congrats on the spellbinders team pick. wow!! this is an amazing card ...super good. your coloring is totally fantastic...u need to teach us all...lol lol ekc

Judy Inukai said...

Awesome coloring as always. Congrats on making the Spellbinders team! That is sooo exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Beth Norman said...

A stunning, stunning card.

Payne Holler Cards said...

have looked at this for quite some time!!! so gorgeous!!! cant wait to case this...i think i have those colors (-:

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautiful magnolia! Thanks for sharing your tutorials! Wishing you a speedy recovery and congrats on your new DT!